How do I describe cherry cobbler to someone who has never had it? Imagine cherry pie, but you don’t care how it looks. None of the presentation or the fuss, with all the deliciousness. Also, usually with pecans drizzled on the top.
The best part of this easy cherry cobbler recipe? You can substitute any pie filling you want, and it will still work. Blueberry, peach, and apple are all popular cobblers in the American South as well.
Jump to Recipe
Easy Cherry Cobbler
For some reason, I’m finding out that my grandma’s recipes aren’t actually very time consuming or difficult. I’m on to you grandma! This easy cherry cobbler recipe uses boxed cake mix and canned cherry pie filling, but most people would never know unless you told them (maybe this is why grandmas don’t like to share the recipe for their “famous” whatever).
Also, like I said, this is incredibly easy. If you need to bring a potluck dish and you’ve never even boiled a pot of water, I got you. Another great thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t have to be cherry. Substitute the cherry pie filling for literally any other fruit. You want blueberry instead? No problem. Peach? Blackberry? Just switch the can. Welcome to the wild west of experimenting with cobblers.
If you weren’t sold yet, how about this. There are only 4 ingredients! All of which have very long shelf lives. This is a great recipe to have in your back pocket for when you have unexpected company but still need to impress. I’ll be honest too: it doesn’t taste cheap either. I’ve had a decent amount of cherry cobbler in my life.
The Easiest Cherry Cobbler of Your Life
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup margarine or 2 sticks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease the bottom of your deep baking pan with butter or oil.
- Add 2 cans of cherry pie filling to pan. Smooth into even layer with a spoon.
- Pour box of white cake mix on top of pie filling. Smooth into even layer.
- Pour 1 cup of melted margarine evenly on top of cake mix. Do not mix.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped pecans over the top.
- Put pan in oven at 375 F for 45 minutes.
- Take out pan and let it cool for 10 minutes so you don't burn your tongue off. Enjoy.